If your car is finally due for a service, you may be wondering where to take it. For example, if you bought your car from a dealership, is the dealership the only place you can take it to for a service? Is the dealership the place that will know your car the most? If you are wondering this, we’ll explore it below, so you don’t delay on getting your vehicle the appropriate services it needs!
Is The Dealership The Only Place For Services?
Many car owners think that the dealership they bought their car from is the only place that will service it. However, this could not be further from the truth! You could take your vehicle to the dealership you purchased from for services, but these can actually be even pricier than at other auto repair shops.
Dealership Vs. Local Auto Repair Shops
When it comes to dealerships versus local auto repair shops for repair and maintenance services, which one should you pick? Let’s take a look at how each business differs.
- Dealerships specialize in specific brands of cars, so in the case of a unique emergency when it comes to your vehicle, dealerships can provide specifically trained technicians that handle that certain vehicle type.
- Dealerships often contain parts for newer vehicles that may be difficult to obtain elsewhere. This can be beneficial when it comes to unique car repairs.
- A service at a dealership is often pricier
- Dealerships may have varied customer service
Auto Repair Shop Pros:
- Services work for varied budgets (aka can be much cheaper than dealership services)
- Have more personalized services
- Some auto repair shops honor third party warranties
- Have high customer satisfaction, quality of work, price, and on-time repairs
Auto Repair Shop Cons
- May not always have the parts needed for newer vehicles, such as those of the current year
- May not specialize in a specific brand
- You may not be aware of the right auto repair shop to work with for your vehicle
Dealerships and auto repair shops can offer different experiences when it comes to vehicle services. Dealerships are pricier, but can offer original manufacturing parts for your vehicle if needed. Auto repair shops offer lower pricing, higher customer satisfaction, and a personalized service experience for you. For many vehicle owners, going to a local auto repair shop in their area is often preferred, for the reasons listed above. It can all depend on your make and model of vehicle, along with the services needed! One thing is for sure, a local auto repair shop will give their all when it comes to providing good services!
Need A Local Auto Repair Shop In Highland?
If you are looking for a Highland auto repair shop to take your vehicle in for any service, Import Automotive is the business you can trust! Bring your car in and let us work our magic!